Summer, unfortunately, is coming to an end and the new school year looms closer each day. Though your children most likely do not even want to think about it, our team at Western Slope Toyota, your Grand Junction car dealer, recommends that you begin making preparations for the back to school madness. We want you to be fully ready for the first day of school, and let your kids still enjoy that last little bit of summer vacation. Here at Western Slope Toyota, your Grand Junction car dealership, we have gathered some tips that will help you handle the inevitable stress that comes with getting your kids back to school:
- Talk About The New School Year — This is a solid first step to guide your children back to a classroom mindset. We suggest that you ask them how they feel about any new classes, if they will go out for any sports teams and what they hope to achieve at school this year. You also can discuss if they have anxiety about going back to school and if there any negative things that they are concerned about. Our staff at Western Slope Toyota, your Grand Junction car dealer, believes this is extremely important because it shows your children that you will always support them, no matter what.
- Make A Homework Routine — You definitely want to establish how this year’s homework will be handled. This can include working out what time of day they will study, ways to maintain their focus (maybe even by using apps), when they should take breaks and what subjects will be the hardest for them. This helps both you and your kids in getting ready for whatever work they will have to do for school and even give them a head-start on studying.
- Find Out How To Relieve Stress — No matter what, there will always be stress when it comes to school. Here at Western Slope Toyota, your Grand Junction car dealership, we recommend that you and your family figure out different methods on how to deal with that. Some steps could be deep breathing exercises, squeezing a stress ball, walking around outside, talking out the issues and more. Work with everyone in the household on figuring out the best ways for them.
- Promote Excitement About School — Positive encouragement is always a good thing and getting fired up about school is no different. Our team at Western Slope Toyota, your Grand Junction car dealership, suggests that you host family movie nights with films that revolve around school life or issues, hold “Back To School” events with everyone in the class and other activities that will have your kids looking forward to getting back in the classroom.
- Stock Up On Supplies — Maybe one of the most important tips, this means that you should take care of all your back-to-school shopping way in advance. This can mean buying school supplies like pens, calculators, textbooks and backpacks, new clothes and more. Either you can go along with your children or let them go with friends to buy exactly what they want. That way, you won’t have to run around two days before school starts to find everything.
Here at Western Slope Toyota, your Grand Junction car dealer, we are ready to provide you with about what else you can do to get totally prepared for getting back to school. Visit us or come by today!