It’s not the most fun thing to clean out your car, but it always feels great to step into a nice, clean vehicle. The only way to make it happen is to pay someone to clean out your car, or to get out there and take care of it yourself. Maybe all you need is a little guidance to get the confidence you need to tackle the job of cleaning out your car, no matter how intimidating it is.Read the rest of this entry
Whether you’re shopping for your own father or someone else who deserves a gift this Father’s Day, there are plenty of great gifts they are sure to enjoy if you know where to look. Ultimately, nobody knows him better than you do, so you will probably have to make some choices on your own, but the following ideas should help point you in the right direction.Read the rest of this entry
If you don’t already have plans with friends and family or expect poor weather on this Memorial Day, there is still a lot you can do to enjoy the holiday. It’s a great time to experiment with making foods you haven’t tried before or play some indoor games. Here are a few ideas for ways to have fun with your Memorial Day holiday.Read the rest of this entry
Summer, unfortunately, is coming to an end and the new school year looms closer each day. Though your children most likely do not even want to think about it, our team at Western Slope Toyota, your Grand Junction car dealer, recommends that you begin making preparations for the back to school madness. We want you to be fully ready for the first day of school, and let your kids still enjoy that last little bit of summer vacation. Here at Western Slope Toyota, your Grand Junction car dealership, we have gathered some tips that will help you handle the inevitable stress that comes with getting your kids back to school:
- Talk About The New School Year — This is a solid first step to guide your children back to a classroom mindset. We suggest that you ask them how they feel about any new classes, if they will go out for any sports teams and what they hope to achieve at school this year. You also can discuss if they have anxiety about going back to school and if there any negative things that they are concerned about. Our staff at Western Slope Toyota, your Grand Junction car dealer, believes this is extremely important because it shows your children that you will always support them, no matter what.
- Make A Homework Routine — You definitely want to establish how this year’s homework will be handled. This can include working out what time of day they will study, ways to maintain their focus (maybe even by using apps), when they should take breaks and what subjects will be the hardest for them. This helps both you and your kids in getting ready for whatever work they will have to do for school and even give them a head-start on studying.
- Find Out How To Relieve Stress — No matter what, there will always be stress when it comes to school. Here at Western Slope Toyota, your Grand Junction car dealership, we recommend that you and your family figure out different methods on how to deal with that. Some steps could be deep breathing exercises, squeezing a stress ball, walking around outside, talking out the issues and more. Work with everyone in the household on figuring out the best ways for them.
- Promote Excitement About School — Positive encouragement is always a good thing and getting fired up about school is no different. Our team at Western Slope Toyota, your Grand Junction car dealership, suggests that you host family movie nights with films that revolve around school life or issues, hold “Back To School” events with everyone in the class and other activities that will have your kids looking forward to getting back in the classroom.
- Stock Up On Supplies — Maybe one of the most important tips, this means that you should take care of all your back-to-school shopping way in advance. This can mean buying school supplies like pens, calculators, textbooks and backpacks, new clothes and more. Either you can go along with your children or let them go with friends to buy exactly what they want. That way, you won’t have to run around two days before school starts to find everything.
Here at Western Slope Toyota, your Grand Junction car dealer, we are ready to provide you with about what else you can do to get totally prepared for getting back to school. Visit us or come by today!
Have you and your family been looking for something exciting to during the summer nights? Then our team at Western Slope Toyota, your local Grand Junction car dealer, recommends that you all come to Suplizio Field and take in a thrilling Grand Junction Rockies game! The team’s season began in June and tickets are on sale now. We are so honored to be a sponsor of the rookie baseball team for the MLB’s Colorado Rockies, which has been committed to delivering family-style fun for more than 30 years. The team started off as the Butte Copper Kings in 1978 and became affiliated with the Rockies in 2001, officially making Suplizio Field in Grand Junction their home in 2011. Since then, this amazing team has been providing loyal fans and newcomers alike with quality entertainment and non-stop action.
However, the Grand Junction Rockies do not just stay on the mound in terms of community involvement. The team holds job fairs and golf tournaments, makes donations to various organizations and runs a youth baseball camp for local children to enjoy. These reasons and many others are why our staff at Western Slope Toyota, your local Grand Junction car dealer, is so proud to use the hashtag #wstoyotaplayball as part of our support for the Grand Junction Rockies. The team’s season is in full swing, so be sure to visit its website and find ticket to the next game. Corky the Coyote cannot wait to meet you, so mark down a Grand Junction Rockies game for your next family fun night!
There is a plethora of outdoor activities to enjoy when you’re in and around Grand Junction. After you pay a visit to your Grand Junction car dealership, Western Slope Toyota, then you and your loved ones should go have some fun doing all the outdoor activities that the Grand Junction community has to offer. Western Slope Toyota, your Grand Junction car dealer, loves to support the Grand Junction community. We listed out some fun parks, trails, and gardens that are sure to be a blast to visit and explore during your summer vacation.
Las Colonias Park
Are you looking for an area to just relax in the sun and pass some time? Come to Las Colonias Park, which is located on the Struthers & Riverfront Trail, just east of the Botanical Gardens. Enjoy some music with a concert at the outdoor amphitheater on the One Riverfront trail and Colorado River. You can also grab something to eat at one of the concession stands during a local event. Small and large groups are equally welcome to come to this park and enjoy a day in the sun.
Eagle’s Wing – Lunch Loop Trail System
Are you a hiking enthusiast looking for a challenge? This is one of the most difficult local trails in the Grand Junction area. Located between Monument Road and Little Park Road, this hiking trail is sure to give you the exercise and gorgeous scenery you want out of a hike. This trail is right next to the Colorado National Monument and Bangs Canyon, so you’ll always have a lovely view on this challenging terrain. Feel free to bike, hike, or ride your horse along this trail and bring your dog along for the fun as well.
Grand Mesa Nordic Council
The Grand Mesa Nordic Council maintains 50 km of cross country ski trails on the County Line, Skyway and Ward trail systems on the Grand Mesa, which is the largest flat-topped mountain in the entire world, with an elevation of more than 10,000 feet. Once winter comes around, you can plan a skiing or snowboarding trip, as this area is known for heavy snowfalls–often over 300 inches every year.
Dominguez-Escalante National Conservation Area
The Dominguez-Escalante National Conservation Area is a 210,172-acre area that features the Dominguez Canyon Wilderness, which is a 66,280 acre area alone. First created by the 2009 Omnibus Public Lands Management Act, this area is renowned for breathtaking scenery that features red-rock canyons and beautiful sandstone bluffs. Enjoy a hike or a bike ride in this wonderful conservation area and you can even check out the abundant wildlife.
The all-new 2018 Toyota C-HR has been changing the way drivers view a typical crossover model. It’s unique style and impressive performance capabilities have been flipping the script on how drivers would usually handle day-to-day tasks such as parking, rush hour and car washes. The newest video series for the C-HR shows exactly how this model is changing the game. Read the rest of this entry
The all-new 2017 Toyota Yaris iA has officially hit dealership lots across the country, which means it’s time to learn more about what it has to offer. Unlike the original Yaris, the Yaris iA is a sedan instead of a hatchback. The catch is that there is only one model to choose from, so all the features are standard. This means there are no packages or optional features, the Yaris iA comes stacked right off the bat. Read the rest of this entry
What is the Song in the New 2017 Toyota Corolla Commercial?
The all-new 2017 Toyota Corolla is now available at Toyota dealerships nationwide. The 2017 Corolla features an upgraded, edgy design and new advanced technology, making it more desirable than ever. To highlight the release of the newest generation of one of the most popular sedans on the road, Toyota released a new commercial featuring the 2017 Corolla and a catchy tune. If you’ve been looking for an answer to the question–what is the song in the new 2017 Toyota Corolla commercial?–we’ve got you covered.
Back-to-School Lunch Box Hacks for Kids
‘Tis the season for pencils, notebooks, and the ever-dreaded lunch box meal. As much as every kid appreciates a handmade lunch specially packed for them by Mom or Dad, PB&J sandwiches and leftover pasta can only be good for so long. Mix up your kid’s lunch this school year with these quick, awesome Back-to-School Lunch Box Hacks for Kids and never listen to complaints about the lunch you packed ever again. Music to your ears, isn’t it?