Get The Most For Your Trade-In
Trading your old vehicle in is one of the most important steps of buying a new vehicle. Once you do, you’ll be able to put whatever your old vehicle was worth towards the purchase of your new Toyota model. When you come into your Grand Junction Colorado Toyota dealership, our team will be thrilled to help you get the most out of your trade-in. We can also share with you some tricks of the trade in order to increase the value of your trade-in. Make sure you get what your trade-in is worth by bringing it into Western Slope Toyota.
• Keep Up With Maintenance - Make sure your vehicle gets regular upkeep such as oil changes, brake jobs, and tire rotations that will prevent issues with your vehicle that would cause the value to drastically drop. You should keep the value of your trade-in in mind from the second you take the vehicle off of the sales lot. Keeping track of all the maintenance and upkeep that your vehicle gets is another great idea. If you get your vehicle serviced at Western Slope Toyota and you trade your vehicle in at the same place, then our staff will be well aware of how you have taken care of your vehicle.
• Do the Proper Homework - Before you choose to trade in your vehicle, then you should do research to figure out how much that vehicle is worth. Knowledge is a key negotiating tool, and knowing what your vehicle is worth will help you be prepared to trade it in. You could use our user-friendly Calculate Your Trade tool and get an estimate of what your trade-in is worth based on your vehicle condition, style, and mileage. This tool is quick and completely free to use. Keep in mind that knowledge is power when trading your vehicle in, so use this tool to get the leg up when it comes to negotiating.
• Clean Your Vehicle - The cleanliness of your vehicle is another factor that can influence how much you get on your trade-in. Bringing your Toyota dealership in Grand Junction Colorado a clean vehicle means less work when the car is getting ready to be resold. Not only is it less work for the dealership, but it also shows the dealer that you really care about your model. If you keep your vehicle clean, that usually means that you have also kept up with the necessary maintenance needed to keep a vehicle at peak performance. Make sure you get a good detail job before you decide to trade your vehicle in.
• Keep the Dealer’s Needs in Mind - The average dealership is looking to make back 2% to 4% per transaction. If you want to find a solid trade-in value, you can take your model’s value and add up any refurbishings. You take the total of that and take out about 3% to get an approximation of your trade-in price. What your Toyota dealership in Grand Junction Colorado will pay for your vehicle will depend on how much they believe they can get for it in retail. Knowing dealership motivations can be a huge plus when trading in a vehicle.
• Keep Your Trade-In and New Car Transactions Together - While some may suggest keeping these apart to ensure they don’t influence each other, you should always keep in mind the tax break that comes with keeping these transactions together. When you purchase a new vehicle, you won’t have to pay taxes on the value of the model that you are trading in. If you spend $19,000 on a new vehicle, but your trade-in is worth $6,000, then you will only have to pay taxes on $13,000 during the buying process. You will not get this tax break if you decide to keep these transactions separate.
If you want to trade your vehicle into your local Toyota dealership in Grand Junction Colorado, then keep these factors in mind, and make sure that you always get the most out of the vehicle that you are trading in.